You will study a GCSE combined Science course worth 2 GCSEs. You will learn a variety of interesting topics including earth sciences, genetics, and motion, forces and energy.
What Will I Learn?
On this course you will:
- develop scientific knowledge and understanding in the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics
- develop and learn to apply skills (observational, practical, modelling, enquiry and problem-solving)
- question what they hear/read/see in the media and use their scientific knowledge to form arguments of support, contention or neutrality
- make informed decisions, and take appropriate actions, about issues that affect their own wellbeing and the wellbeing of others and the environment
- make links between science and their other subjects e.g. maths and sport
Interested in Applying?Apply Now
Assessment & Qualifications
There are 6 exam papers at the end of year 11, 2 papers for biology, chemistry and physics, each 70 minutes long and worth 16.7% of the final combined science grade.
There are two exam tier choices. Foundation tier will cover grades 1–5. Higher tier will cover grades 4-9.
There is no controlled assessment or coursework. Students will complete core practicals and be questioned on these as part of their written exams.
Science is an important subject for a number of careers and to move onto study science based subjects at higher education.
Careers in the Science sector include: Biologist, Nuclear Scientist, Healthcare professional, and Forensic Scientists.