This course will suit students who have an interest in creativity and who want to pursue a career in the creative industries.
What Will I Learn?
You will be introduced to a variety of experiences exploring a range of lens-based and lightbased media, techniques and processes, including traditional and new technologies. In particular, you will:
- Learn about lots of different styles of photography (Portrait, still life, surrealism, Landscape).
- Learn how to use digital SLR cameras (Nikon and Pentax).
- Learn how to use the manual settings (shutter speed, aperture etc)
- Learn how to use Photoshop.
- Learn how to use studio equipment / lighting.
- Research and analyse other photographers work and what the images may mean and to take inspiration.
- From their work to develop your own work.
- Learn how to explore and experiment with your own ideas.
Interested in Applying?Apply Now
Assessment & Qualifications
The course includes coursework and an exam for assessment
This course will enable students to go on to study an A level in Photography or another creative subject.
This course can lead to careers in documentary photography and journalism, portrait photography, wedding photography, art direction, film-making, animation, fashion photography, illustrator, artist, television camera operator, graphic designer, magazine features editor, medical illustrator and press photographer.
What Our Students Say
“Photography is great as you get to express yourself in your work. You also explore a range of techniques when using the camera. I also loved the trip to Lacock Abbey.” Year 10 GCSE Photography Student