- Plan a digital media product or service
- Plan for a product release
- Learn digital design skills
- Engage in creative thinking
- Develop knowledge of digital technology
- Further understanding of the digital industry
The broad objectives of this suite of qualifications are:
- To focus delivery and assessment on practical interactive digital media, game design and social media through learner centred activity.
- To make the qualifications relevant to a wide variety of applications from FE provision through to schools, creative apprenticeships and e-learning, while ensuring appropriate academic options are available for HE progression.
- To embed transferable skills and functional skills into the qualifications to enhance employability.
What Will I Learn?
You will study two units:
- CDM 203 Creating and Publishing Digital Content
- CDM 220 Creating & Publishing a Social Media Campaign
In the interactive digital media unit, you will be required to creative a variety of different interactive media-based products such as website and videos.
In the photography unit you will learn about the industry, photographic skills and build an interactive online exhibition.
Interested in Applying?Apply Now
Assessment & Qualifications
The qualification is tested through two pieces of coursework that are set and marked by the teacher, the coursework includes both research and practical tasks.
The aim is to provide a flexible, vocationally relevant suite of creative digital media qualifications, which will equip learners with the skills to develop realistic employment opportunities in the creative digital media industry or to progress to higher education.
What Our Students Say
In our first lesson we started using Photoshop and merged together two peoples faces using some of the advanced tools– it was really fun!” – Year 10 Student.