You will be immersed into the world of business and learn to identify how enterprises become either successful, or don’t succeed. You will explore local enterprises, through hands on experiences with their entrepreneurial owners and understand what it takes to set up your own enterprise. In Year 11, you will get the opportunity to plan, pitch and set up your own enterprise as part of your learning. This is achieved through your exploration of financial skills, time management planning, idea innovating and personal skills audits.
The course will develop your presentation and verbal reasoning skills.
What Will I Learn?
The course includes two pieces of coursework – one in each year of study. There will be a promotions and finance exam in your final year of study, where you will apply your knowledge to a fictional enterprise.
- Knowledge that underpins an effective use of skills, such as the activities, skills and characteristics of enterprises and entrepreneurs
- Understanding the internal and external factors that can affect the success of an enterprise; in addition
- The process of developing a business plan and using and applying marketing and finance knowledge
- Development of key skills that prove aptitude in planning an enterprise idea, including market research, planning, carrying out financial transactions, communication and problem solving
- Attitudes and ways of working that are considered most important for enterprise, including monitoring and reflecting on the performance of an enterprise idea and own use of skills
Interested in Applying?Apply Now
Assessment & Qualifications
You will be assessed through a mixture of coursework and exams.
Component 1: Written assignment – based around two local enterprises and assesses how you can describe their processes and evaluate their successes.
Component 2: Business Plan & presentation. Based around planning, pitching and evaluating of your own business idea.
Component 3: Exam. 2 topic areas of Promotions & Financial documents
This course will give you the opportunity to Progress into Higher Education in specialist areas such as Law, HR, Management, Marketing, Economics, Finance, Accountancy and Education.
What Our Students Say
“I really like that in year 11 we get to set up our own company and really see how hard it is, and it shows what it takes to do this when I leave school.”
“Everything we learn, we can use to talk about enterprises in real life and now understand more about the adverts I see and why they were made that way.”