This qualification is designed for learners who want an introduction to the sport, activity and fitness sector that includes a vocational and hands-on element. If you are able to work independently, in groups, research, meet deadlines, problem solve, be self-reflective and communicate confidently then this course is suited to you.
What Will I Learn?
This course is a practical introduction to the sport, activity and fitness industry. You will explore the sector while you:
- Understand the potential physiological and psychological benefits that participants can gain as a result of their engagement in sport and activity.
- Study how technology can be used to improve activity and fitness in sport and physical activities.
- Understand how training, nutrition and psychology can impact sporting fitness and activity.
There are three modules in the course:
- Understand the body and the supporting technology for sport activity
- The principals of training, nutrition and psychology for sport and activity
- Applying the principles of sport and activity
Interested in Applying?Apply Now
Assessment & Qualifications
The course includes coursework and an exam for assessment
Studying a BTEC award in sport will equip you with some of the skills and knowledge you will need to become a professional in a number of different sports careers.
You could also continue studies with higher education in specialist sports subjects such as sports coaching, sports management or physiotherapy.